Students of any Health Care discipline are invited for lunch and networking with local health care representatives to discuss career opportunities.
Monday, December 23, 2013 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM at the Thunder Bay Art Gallery (1080 Keewatin St.)
No appointment booked? We hold a walk-in clinic for patients of the Lakehead NPLC: Monday and Friday from 1:00 – 4:00 PM
and we offer same-day appointments! Call 807-475-9595 for your appointment today
Need After-Hours care?
NorWest Community Health Centre
Expanded Urgent Care and Weekend Hours open to the public
Urgent Care will be open: Monday – Thursday: 4:30 – 8:00 PM /
Friday: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
NorWest Community Health Centres is located at:
525 Simpson Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 3J6
Phone: 622-8235 / Toll Free: 1-866-357-5454
Read the NEW edition of our ‘Health Matters‘ Newsletter:
with features on travelling and immunizations, the Patient-Provider partnership at our clinic, back-to-school healthy lunches, along with some tasty recipes and information about our upcoming programs for the fall. Enjoy!
Please print and complete this form and return it by mail, fax (807-475-9797) or email to email@example.com. Due to a large number of applications to our clinic, we quickly reached patient capacity and began forming a wait list. If you have submitted your application, it will be kept on file and you will be contacted in the future should openings become available or additional staff are hired. Should you locate primary health care through a different provider, please let us know so your spot on our list can be opened to another patient in need.
Welcome to the Lakehead Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Our Shared Mission
The Lakehead NPLC is committed to providing comprehensive, team-based primary health care in partnership with patients in Thunder Bay to improve quality of life. Services are delivered to patients across their lifespan by knowledgeable, respectful, dedicated individuals working to the full scope of practice.
Health Matters – Bringing integrity, honesty, and excellence to primary health care. Clients and providers are equal partners, invested in improving health with comprehensive, holistic care that is accessible to all patients and fosters overall health and wellbeing.
- The patient is our primary focus
- We treat all patients (and staff) with respect and dignity regardless of their race, culture or background
- Our priority is unattached patients
- Employees function as an inter-disciplinary team
- Providers work to their full scope of practice
- Employees remain current in their respective field
- Celebrating success in an open, non-judgemental work environment
- Nurse practitioners are able to treat common illnesses and injuries, order lab tests, X-rays and other diagnostic tests.
- Nurse practitioner-led clinics will focus on comprehensive primary care services including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention along with other community-based health care organizations, such as public health units.
- Ontario’s first nurse practitioner-led clinic opened in Sudbury in 2007 and provides family health care to approximately 2,000 patients.