Are you Registered with Health Care Connect?
If you are a patient of our clinic, please contact Health Care Connect at 1-800-445-1822 and tell them that you are receiving your primary health care at our clinic. Please have them remove you from their registry, and they will no longer contact you to place you somewhere else.
Recall alert – Dietary Express brand sprouted chia & flax seed powder recalled due to Salmonella.
Immunization Update for children 4-6 years of age
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit provides booster vaccines to children in schools, but will not be providing these in this way this year. Any patients who require this service are to contact the health unit directly to receive the vaccines at their facility. Please refer to their Clinical Services website: here, or call them at 807-625-5900.
No appointment booked? We hold a walk-in clinic for patients of the Lakehead NPLC: Monday and Friday from 1:00 – 4:00 PM
and we offer same-day appointments! Call 807-475-9595 for your appointment today
Need After-Hours care?
NorWest Community Health Centre
Expanded Urgent Care and Weekend Hours open to the public
Urgent Care will be open: Monday – Thursday: 4:30 – 8:00 PM /
Friday: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
NorWest Community Health Centres is located at:
525 Simpson Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 3J6
Phone: 622-8235 / Toll Free: 1-866-357-5454
Read the NEW edition of our ‘Health Matters‘ Newsletter:
with features on the Rise in Popularity of NPs; Kids in the Kitchen, along with two tasty recipes; Chronic Disease Self-Management; Patient Satisfaction; and info about many of our programs at the clinic. Enjoy!
Spring 2014 / Winter 2014 / Fall 2013 / Summer 2013 / Spring 2013 / Winter 2013 / Autumn 2012 / Summer 2012 / Spring 2012
Please print and complete this form and return it by mail, fax (807-475-9797) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to a large number of applications to our clinic, we quickly reached patient capacity and began forming a wait list. If you have submitted your application, it will be kept on file and you will be contacted in the future should openings become available or additional staff are hired. Should you locate primary health care through a different provider, please let us know so your spot on our list can be opened to another patient in need.
Welcome to the Lakehead Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
Our Shared Mission
The Lakehead NPLC is committed to providing comprehensive, team-based primary health care in partnership with patients in Thunder Bay to improve quality of life. Services are delivered to patients across their lifespan by knowledgeable, respectful, dedicated individuals working to the full scope of practice.
Health Matters – Bringing integrity, honesty, and excellence to primary health care. Clients and providers are equal partners, invested in improving health with comprehensive, holistic care that is accessible to all patients and fosters overall health and wellbeing.
- The patient is our primary focus
- We treat all patients (and staff) with respect and dignity regardless of their race, culture or background
- Our priority is unattached patients
- Employees function as an inter-disciplinary team
- Providers work to their full scope of practice
- Employees remain current in their respective field
- Celebrating success in an open, non-judgemental work environment
- Nurse practitioners are able to treat common illnesses and injuries, order lab tests, X-rays and other diagnostic tests.
- Nurse practitioner-led clinics will focus on comprehensive primary care services including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention along with other community-based health care organizations, such as public health units.
- Ontario’s first nurse practitioner-led clinic opened in Sudbury in 2007 and provides family health care to approximately 2,000 patients.